Embracing Menopause with Grace: A Holistic Approach to Wellness
Menopause, often described as the "change of life," is a natural and transformative phase in a woman's journey. Instead of viewing it as an unfavorable experience, let us embrace menopause as a woman's Second Spring—a time of growth, wisdom, and newfound freedom. In this blog, we will explore the benefits of botanicals and CBD for managing menopause symptoms, and how adopting a holistic approach can support us in facing this challenge with grace, resilience, and renewed vitality.
A Woman's Second Spring, or peri/menopause is a natural biological process marking the end of a woman's reproductive years. Just as spring brings forth new beginnings, menopause offers women an opportunity for self-reflection and personal growth. Embracing this transition with positivity can bring ease to the experience and allow us to celebrate the wisdom, strength, and confidence that comes with this life stage. We can also get support from nature.
Nature's nurturers, botanicals, or herbal remedies, have been used for centuries to support women during menopause. The following botanicals used in Menopause Balance were chosen for their individual properties as well as their synergistic effect.
- Black Cohosh balances estrogen levels in your body, increasing or decreasing this important hormone based on your body’s individual needs. It can help alleviate hot flashes and night sweats, providing relief and comfort.
- Wild Yam harmonizes both estrogen and progesterone use and function in the body.
- Alfalfa nourishes the body with potent, immune supporting nutrients called phytosterols and vital minerals often lacking when hormones are out of balance.
- Lemon Balm soothes and calms stressed bodies, balancing hormones to support mood, concentration, sleep, and digestion.
- Maca empowers the body to adapt to stress and anxiety, while revitalizing the immune system, sexual functions, and energy levels.
- CBD supports anti-inflammatory properties naturally occuring in the body.
Night Sky is an exclusive blend of CBD and carefully selected, pure and potent botanicals designed to quiet a restless mind for peaceful and deeply restorative sleep.
- Albizzia creates a mild sedative effect to support better sleep and soothe anxiety, helps with inflammation, and can help with depression and general mood issues.
- California Poppy produces a natural sedative effect to promote sleep, relieves anxiety and tension, and boosts brain function.
- Chinese Knotweed has antioxidant properties and may help to ease sleep issues and treat nerve disorders.
- Passion Flower quiets sleep disorders and promotes an overall calming effect to help reduce anxiety and tension.
- Spiny Zizyphus promotes better sleep, has anti-inflammatory properties, and is known to have a soothing effect on the brain and nervous system.
- Reishi Mushroom revitalizes your body and quiets sleep disorders, helps to settle digestive issues, and helps calm your body in response to daily stressors.
- Rosacea helps with digestion and is thought to target the heart, liver and spleen.
- Radish Seed treats digestive issues and abdominal pain.
- CBD supports anti-inflammatory properties naturally occurring in the body as well as digestion and immune functioning. It also functions as an aid for sleep, stress, and anxiety relief. People have used CBD to improve sleep.
Along with using products from Respect Wellness, you can incorporate daily mind-body practices to support your transition. Practices can include mindfulness where you quiet the mind through meditation to help manage stress, promote emotional balance, and enhance self-awareness. Doing Yoga can improve flexibility, reduce muscle tension, and foster a sense of calmness. Embracing creativity such as art, writing, and/or music can be a path for self-expression and personal growth. A balanced and nourishing diet is vital during menopause. Including nutrient-dense, healthy protein rich foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats can support overall well-being.
Menopause is a new beginning, it is not an end—a Second Spring in a woman's life. By adopting a holistic approach that incorporates Respect Wellness’s botanicals with CBD, and your choice of mind-body practices, we can embrace these changes while celebrating the wisdom and resilience that come with it. Menopause is a time of self-discovery and growth. Let grace be your guiding light throughout this transformative journey.